Friday, August 20, 2010

Go! Heritage Harvest Festival at Monticello


It's times such as this that I WISH I lived back in Virginia. Not to mention the fact that much of my family still lives there and I miss them dearly! Perusing through the new issue of Mother Earth News I came upon an advertisement for the 4th annual Heritage Harvest Festival at Jefferson's Monticello (near Charlottesville, VA). Scheduled for September 10th-11th, it includes a dizzying array of both free and "premium" (i.e. extra cost) talks and workshops on every topic imaginable in the heirloom gardening, sustainable living, food preservation, water conservation, etc., etc. realm. Access the list of workshops here.

Just a few of the talks I have my eyes on are as follows:
  • Mushroom Cultivation
  • Mainstreaming Heirloom Vegetables
  • Low Energy Food Preservation Techniques
  • Home Grown Hops
  • Backyard Fruit Propagation
  • The Zero Garbage Challenge
  • Good Milk Makes Good Cheese
And again, these are just to name a few! Some presenters include:
You can be sure I will be making it there within the next few years. If you are able to go PLEASE let me know how it is! -Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment