Sunday, June 27, 2010

Two Peas in a Pod


I was coming home at sundown the other night and made a short detour down a street I never take. That’s when I spotted them – beautiful, original (1930s?), and in perfect condition. A homeowner replacing windows on his newly purchased abode had left the old ones on the parkway atop a large pile of brush. I thought the windows would be perfect made into cold frames for some beds in the backyard. I knew bulk trash pickup would be the next day, plus it was almost dark, so I had to move fast. Seeing as how I was only about 300 feet from our house, I figured I would stop there first and make sure Jason wanted them, too. We’re trying to de-clutter, both inside and out, and since I wouldn’t be making the frames for a few months I didn’t want to get them if he wasn’t up for it. So – I bounce into the house, with a little glimmer in my eyes and a smile on my face and say “You’re never going to guess what I just found!” He smiles too and replies “Go look in the back of the van…” And wouldn’t you know it – there were 4 windows - beautiful, original, and in perfect condition. We headed out and grabbed 4 more. How awesome that we are both on this journey with the same “frame” of mind. We were meant for each other! - Carrie

1 comment:

  1. Awesome score, you two! Old stuff was just made to last.

    Enjoying reading your story on the blog. Keep up the good work, and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete