Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Grandma Doesn't Even Recognize Me!

I got a call from my grandparents (a.k.a Nana & Gamps) last week. Apparently my mother called them to tell them about a recent article in the Dallas Morning News featuring a water-wise landscape that Jason designed and installed. Dallas Morning News: Water Wise Landscaping

Well, my mom also told them about our new blog. Nana said, and I quote, “Your mom told us about some blog – Pigs Don’t Know – but I didn’t see anything on there about you, honey….” I exclaimed (kind of laughing), “Nana! That IS me!” Have we changed so much that my own grandmother does not recognize us? While it has been a slow progression over the last year or two, it does seem like we have stepped things up a notch in the last six months or so. I’m sure one of my best friends from college will probably turn over in her Manhattan fashion office when she reads some of the sustainable-type things that we are passionate about now (out of 5 college roomies – three down, two to go!). ;) Love you! It’s just where we are in our lives right now. Doesn’t make us any better or worse than anyone else. But we feel a need to document what we are doing. If it inspires one person to do something as simple as compost, then we are better off than we were had we not written anything. - Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment